John Paul I Council #7165
Dale City, VA
Council Business Meeting Schedule
1st & 3rd Wednesdays of the month at JP 1 Council Home
Council Program Meeting Schedule
2nd Wednesday of the month at JP 1 Council Home
12965 Trentdale Dr
Dale City, VA 22193
For over 138 years, the Knights of Columbus have served our Churches and our communities, our families and the poor, while focusing on the principles of charity, unity, fraternity, and patriotism. We are a Catholic men’s fraternal service organization founded by Blessed Michael J. McGivney, who was beatified on October 31st, 2020. John Paul I Council 7165, with over 300 members, is among the most active in Virginia and has been a fixture in Holy Family Catholic Church and the Dale City community since 1978. Some examples of our works include:
- Playing a major role in operating the Food Pantry, as well as the associated Prince William County Emergency Food Distribution Point during the COVID pandemic.
- Providing food through our Can-a-Knight, 40 Cans for Lent, and Charity Program to the Food Pantry, and providing meals at the county homeless shelter. Donating towards costs of food items to stock the school backpack program. Donating to winter coat programs for those in need.
- Assisting the intellectually disabled through our annual KOVAR Church and Store Front “Tootsie Roll” drives. Providing financial support to Special Olympics through the Annual Polar Plunge.
- Sponsoring or supporting activities and events such as the March for Life, the Life Chain, the Novena for Life, the Consecration to the Holy Family, 5thSunday Rosary Services, Keep Christ in Christmas Campaign, Work Camp, the Basketball Free Throw Tournament, Mothers’ Day Breakfasts, and Christmas events for children. Helping sponsor a future priest in St. Charles Borromeo Seminary.
- Heavily supporting the Annual Holy Family Fun Festival, weekly work supporting the recent renovation of the Church, providing labor for Church grounds cleanouts, provided video support allowing the broadcast of online Masses and additional ushers during the COVID pandemic.
- Providing honor guards and ushers for confirmations, Christmas midnight masses, Holy Thursday liturgies, Easter vigils, parish festivals, and May processions.
- Donating and maintaining the popular “Building the Domestic Church” book kiosks in English and Spanish.
- Donating towards the cost of a new Grand Piano for the nave. Donating a Pilgrim Virgin statue, crucifixes for classrooms, altar servers’ robes, kitchen utensils for activities, and equipment for the closed-circuit TV system.
- Supporting the annual Dale City 4thof July Parade with Marshals and Color Guards. Keeping 3 miles of Dale Boulevard clean through our quarterly Adopt-a-Highway program.
St. John Paul II once called the Knights, “The Strong Right Arm of the Church.” We are looking for Catholic gentlemen who want to live their faith through service to the Church, community, and those who are less fortunate. The Church has never needed the Knights more, and we need you. Will you join us?