Discover the Benefits of Giving Wisely
There are many ways to support Holy Family’s parish or our school. Ways in which the Church, you, and your loved ones, can all benefit at the same time.
These giving techniques are called “planned gifts,” because with thoughtful planning, you create win-win solutions for you and your parish.
- You can make a gift that costs you nothing during your lifetime.
- You can give appreciated assets such as stock or real estate and realize larger tax savings.
- You can get a monthly paycheck for life in return for your gift.
- You can “loan” the parish investment assets for a time, receive a tax break, and have them eventually pass on to your heirs.
- You can even donate your home, continue to live there, and get a tax break all at the same time.
Where to Begin?
- Identify your goals at a very high level, and then seek help from professionals to refine them.
- Discover gifts anyone can make.
- Explore gifting strategies that make sense for your own personal financial situation and goals.
Most people need help in understanding and implementing these planned gifting strategies. Please take advantage of your own tax or financial advisors; the Diocese’s Director of Development; or a complimentary and confidential gift planning consultation with a qualified member of our Stewardship Committee.
Helpful Resource Contacts:
Holy Family Catholic Church
14160 Ferndale Road
Dale City, VA 22193
Tel: (703) 670-8161
Diocese of Arlington
Office of Development
200 N. Glebe Road, Suite 811
Arlington, VA 22203